7. Extension of time to enable public officer to make reference to Government.
(1) Where the defended is a public officer and, on receiving the summons, considers it proper to make a reference to the Government before answering the plaint, he may apply to the Court to grant such extension of the time fixed in the summons as may necessary to enable him to make such reference and to receive orders thereon through the proper channel.
(2) Upon such application the Court shall extend the time for so long as appears to it to be necessary.
- Governor of an Indian State: Role, Importance, and Functions - 4th September 2023
- Guardianship Under Hindu Law in India - 13th August 2023
- All Rules for Adoption in Hindus Under Hindu Laws - 13th August 2023