172. “Pledge”, “Pawnor”, and “Pawnee” defined.
The bailment of goods as security for payment of a debt or performance of a promise is called “pledge“. The bailor is in this case called “pawnor“. The bailee is called “pawnee“.
- Law Note: What Is Pledge Under the Indian Contract Act?
- Read Contract Act in a systematic way.
- Download beautiful, mobile-friendly Contract Act PDF.
- Governor of an Indian State: Role, Importance, and Functions - 4th September 2023
- Guardianship Under Hindu Law in India - 13th August 2023
- All Rules for Adoption in Hindus Under Hindu Laws - 13th August 2023