Section 59A Partnership Act.
DELETION AND ADDITION OF CERTAIN ENTRIES RELATING TO CERTAIN FIRMS, BY REASON OF REORGANISATION OF STATES.
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Chapter, a Registrar of Firms appointed for any area by the Government of Bombay may, by order in writing, amend the Register of Firms maintained by him by deleting therefrom the entries relating to any firm, whose place of business has, by reason of the reorganisation of States under the States Reorganisation Act, 1956, ceased to be situated in the State of Bombay. The Registrar may likewise and without any charge or fee therefor amend the Register by adding thereto the entries relating to any firm included in the Register of another State but whose place of business has, by reason of such reorganisation, become part of the area within his jurisdiction in the State of Bombay:
Provided that the Registrar shall, before passing any order under this sub-section, make such inquiry as he deems necessary and give notice to the firm and the Registrar of the State concerned.
(2) After such amendment, the Registrar shall cease to perform the functions of a Registrar in respect of any firm the entries relating to which have been deleted as aforesaid and shall perform all the functions of a Registrar in respect of any firm the entries relating to which are added as aforesaid.
(3) Any person aggrieved by an order under sub-section (1) may appeal to such authority, and within such time, as may be specified in this behalf by the Government of Bombay notification in the Official Gazette; and such authority shall pass such order on the appeal as it thinks fit.
(4) An order of a Registrar under sub-section (1), or when an appeal has been preferred against it under sub-section (3), the order of the appellate authority, shall be final.
(5) The provisions of this section shall cease to be in force from such date as the Government of Bombay may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.