Section70A. MAXIMUM FEES AND POWER TO AMEND SCHEDULE I.
(1) The fees payable under this Act and the rules made thereunder shall not exceed the maximum fees as specified in Schedule I.
(2) Subject to the provisions of this section, the State Government may, having regard to the expenditure incurred or to be incurred for carrying out the purposes of this Act, from time to time, by notification in the Official Gazette, vary any of the amounts of maximum fees and other particulars specified in Schedule I, and, thereupon, the said Schedule shall be deemed to be amended accordingly.
(3) Every notification issued under sub-section (2) shall take effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette, unless some other date is specified therein for this purpose.
(4) Every notification issued by the State Government under sub-section (2) shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is issued, before each House of the State Legislature, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days, which may be comprised in one session or in two successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session in which it is so laid or the session immediately following, both Houses agree in making any modification in the notification or both Houses agree that the notification should not be issued, and notify such decision in the Official Gazette, the notification shall, from the date of publication of such decision, have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done or omitted to be done in pursuance of that notification.
- Top 138 Legal Maxims for Law Exams - 7th January 2024
- 10 Legal Jobs and Career Options After Law in 2024 - 7th January 2024
- 11 Tips to Pass AIBE With Bare Acts and MCQ Tests in 2024 - 7th January 2024