222. Transfer of a Judge from one High Court to another.
(1) The President may, on the recommendation of the National Judicial Appointments Commission referred to in article 124A*, transfer a Judge from one High Court to any other High Court.
(2) When a Judge has been or is so transferred, he shall, during the period he serves, after the commencement of the Constitution (Fifteenth Amendment) Act, 1963, as a Judge of the other High Court, be entitled to receive in addition to his salary such compensatory allowance as may be determined by Parliament by law and, until so determined, such compensatory allowance as the President may by order fix.
* By 99th Amendment Act in 2014.
Here is the full 99th Amendment Act PDF. (87KB) Please give it a look.
- Governor of an Indian State: Role, Importance, and Functions - 4th September 2023
- Guardianship Under Hindu Law in India - 13th August 2023
- All Rules for Adoption in Hindus Under Hindu Laws - 13th August 2023