Distribution of Revenues between the Union and the States
268. Duties levied by the Union but collected and appropriated by the States.
(1) Such stamp duties as are mentioned in the Union List shall be levied by the Government of India but shall be collected-
(a) in the case where such duties are leviable within any Union territory, by the Government of India, and
(b) in other cases, by the States within which such duties are respectively leviable.
(2) The proceeds in any financial year of any such duty leviable within any State shall not form part of the Consolidated Fund of India, but shall be assigned to that State.
[*The words- “and such duties of excise on medicinal and toilet preparations” omitted by the Constitution (One Hundred and First Amendment) Act, 2016, s. 6, (w.e.f. 16-9-2016)]
Here is the full 101st Amendment Act PDF. (97KB) Please see this once.
- Governor of an Indian State: Role, Importance, and Functions - 4th September 2023
- Guardianship Under Hindu Law in India - 13th August 2023
- All Rules for Adoption in Hindus Under Hindu Laws - 13th August 2023