419. Punishment for cheating by personation.
Whoever cheats by personation shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both.
CLASSIFICATION OF OFFENCE
Punishment—Imprisonment for 3 years, or fine, or both—Cognizable—Bailable— Triable by any Magistrate—Compoundable by the person cheated with the permission of the court.
- Read Indian Penal Code (IPC) in a better and systematic way
- Download beautiful, colourful, mobile friendly PDF for IPC
- Related: What Is Identity Theft and Its Laws in India?
- Governor of an Indian State: Role, Importance, and Functions - 4th September 2023
- Guardianship Under Hindu Law in India - 13th August 2023
- All Rules for Adoption in Hindus Under Hindu Laws - 13th August 2023