DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INVESTIGATION AND INQUIRY
1. An investigation is made by a police officer or by some person authorised by a magistrate.
2. The object of an investigation is to collect evidence for the prosecution of the case.
3. Investigation is the first stage of a criminal case.
4. Investigation is not a judicial proceeding.
1. Inquiry is made by magistrate or court. Investigation is never made by magistrate or court.
2. The object of inquiry is to determine the truth or false of certain facts with a view to take in further action.
3. Inquiry is the second stage of a case.
4. Inquiry is a judicial proceeding.
Read more Law Notes.
TAKE A FREE MCQ TEST (no need to fill email, name, phone etc)
Read Bare Acts in a systematic way.
Download beautiful, colourful, mobile perfect Bare Act, MCQs, Exam Question Paper PDFs.