279. Calculation of “net proceeds”, etc.
(1) In the foregoing provisions of this Chapter, “net proceeds” means in relation to any tax or duty the proceeds thereof reduced by the cost of collection, and for the purposes of those provisions the net proceeds of any tax or duty, or of any part of any tax or duty, in or attributable to any area shall be ascertained and certified by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India, whose certificate shall be final.
(2) Subject as aforesaid, and to any other express provision of this Chapter, a law made by Parliament or an order of the President may, in any case where under this Part the proceeds of any duty or tax are, or may be, assigned to any State, provide for the manner in which the proceeds are to be calculated, for the time from or at which and the manner in which any payments are to be made, for the making of adjustments between one financial year and another, and for any other incidental or ancillary matters.
- How to Start Studying Law – For New, Existing, and Old Students - 3rd March 2024
- How to Study and Prepare for Judiciary Exams (13 tips) - 3rd March 2024
- 11 Tips to Pass AIBE With Bare Acts and MCQ Tests in 2024 - 3rd March 2024