Here are some recommendations for law books. I either personally have these books and have read from them for my law exams or they were recommended by my college teachers or I have read them (whole or few chapters) in library.
If you find any book interesting and click on the image and buy them then I will get some rupees (3% to 10%) as commission from Amazon. That money will be used to pay for website expenses. Thank you.
Total money earned from Amazon (till 18th May 2019) – ₹18 (but I can not get it until the commission amount reaches ₹1000.)
If you want to support my work directly using Paytm, UPI apps like PhonePe, BHIM, Google Pay or Cards etc then please click here. This ad-free website really needs your support to survive.
All links below automatically open in new tabs.
BEST BOOKS FOR CONSTITUTION OF INDIA
1. Constitution of India by Durga Das Basu
This is a great book. Even my teachers in my law college asked me to read from this book.
2. Constitution of India by PM Bakshi
This is another great book for Indian Constitution.
3. Constitution of India by Rohit De
4. Constitution of India by Granville Austin
If you want just the bare act then you may buy from Universal (LexisNexis) or Professional.
5. Constitution of India by Universal
This is among the best bare act books you can buy for Constitution. I and many of my friends have this book.
6. Constitution of India Bare Act from Professional.
Many of my friends use this bare act too and it is also very good.
BEST BOOKS FOR INDIAN PENAL CODE
1. Indian Penal Code by Ratanlal and Dhirajlal
One of the best IPC books you can buy. There is also a student edition of this book below.
2. Indian Penal Code by Ratanlal and Dhirajlal (Student Edition)
3. Indian Penal Code by RA NELSON
4. Indian Penal Code Bare Act by Professional
(I have this book. It is great for Bare Act.)
BUY FROM AMAZON AT A PRICE LESS THAN BOOK STORE
(but honestly speaking if you buy from court area then it will be best.)
BEST BOOKS FOR CRIMINAL PROCEDURE CODE
1. CrPC by Durga Das Basu
Must read but extremely expensive. Tough for we students to buy it. So please find this in library. Or buy any other books below this.
2. CrPC by Ratanlal and Dhirajlal
3. CrPC Bare Act by Professional
4. CrPC Q&A
5. CrPC books for advocates. (The below books are very costly and we students can not afford it.)
CrPC by SC Sarkar, PC Sarkar and Sudipto Sarkar
6. CrPC by SC Sarkar
BEST BOOKS FOR CIVIL PROCEDURE CODE
1. CPC by LexisNexis
2. CPC by Mulla
3. CPC bare act by Professional
4.CPC by Sanjiva Row
5. CPC by SC Sarkar and PC Sarkar
6. CPC by Sarkar
BEST INDIAN EVIDENCE ACT BOOKS
1. Evidence Act by KD Gaur
One of the most respected books for Evidence Act. Must read.
2. Evidence Act by Dr V Nageswara Rao
(Another famous good book)
3. Evidence Act bare act by Professional
4. Evidence Act by Batuk Lal
(Very respected book. My teacher in law college used to teach from this. You will like this book a lot.)
5. Evidence Act by BM Prasad
6. Evidence Act by Shakil Ahmad Khan
7. Evidence Act by Woodroffe and Amir Ali
(Very very costly)
8. Evidence Act by Universal
9. Evidence Act by James Fitzjames Stephen
10. Evidence Act by R Ramachandran
11. Evidence Act by C Jamnadas
BEST INDIAN CONTRACT ACT BOOKS
1. Indian Contract Act by Dr R.K Bangia (must read book) (I study from this book in Library.)
2. Contract Act by Pollock and Mulla
3. Contract Act Bare Act by Universal (I have this book)
4. Contract Act Bare Act by Professionals
You can also buy something from AMAZON’S DAILY DEALS and support this website.