Cases where plea bargaining is allowed
1. Offence where punishment is not more than 7 years.
2. The offence which are not against the women and children.
3. The offence which does not affect the socio-economic condition of the country.
The central government has determined the offences which are affecting the socio economic condition of country-
* Sati Prevention Act, 1987
* Immoral Traffic Act, 1956
* Air Force Act, 1950
* Navy Act, 1957
* Juvenile Justice Act, 2000
* Delhi Metro Railway Act, 2002
* The Explosive Act, 1884
* Cinematograph Act, 1952
4. No plea bargaining is allowed in case of habitual offender.
THIS NOTE IS A PART OF THIS IMPORTANT NOTE ON PLEA BARGAINING. Definitely read this.
Read more Law Notes.
TAKE A FREE MCQ TEST (no need to fill email, name, phone etc)
Read Bare Acts in a systematic way.
Download beautiful, colourful, mobile perfect Bare Act, MCQs, Exam Question Paper PDFs.