1. It is well understood that when the culture of a country and its faith gets hurt, the country becomes weak, said Allahabad High Court. The court opined that the cow should be declared a national animal and its protection must be inculcated as a fundamental right of the Hindus.
The right to life is above the right to kill, and the right to eat beef can never and should not be considered a fundamental right.
1. There must be a display board at every police station informing about the right to legal aid services, said Justice UU Lalit, Supreme Court of India, while delivering a speech at an event organised by Haryana Legal Services Authority inaugurating a year long campaign- “Quality of Legal Services is Key to Access to Justice for All.”
This step shall ensure the implementation of the provision that no accused shall remain unrepresented due to any reason, especially poverty
1. If the Joint Hindu Family has partitioned, then they can reunite to continue and enjoy the status of joint Hindu family again, said Supreme Court. There must be an intention at the end of the parties to reunite in the estate and interest. Only male members can reunite if they wish to. Full Story
2. After going through statements of rape victim recorded under section 164 of CrPC, the court, while granting bail to the accused, cannot take cognizance of any such statements which are against the mandate of “fair justice”.
1. After a key meeting, Prime Minister Narendra Modi with officials and cabinet ministers, decided to cancel the class 12th CBSE exams!
2. Due to frivolous cases, the matters relating to national importance get ignored unfortunately. During the vacations, 95% of the cases brought before the vacation bench are frivolous, said Justice Chandrachud, concerning the valuable and precious time of the judiciary.
1. “Now the water has gone over our head. Enough is enough,” said Justice Sanghi of Delhi High Court, getting shaken by the deaths of eight patients due to lack of oxygen supply in Delhi.
The Delhi High Court has issued strict directions to the centre for providing the allocated quantity of oxygen today itself ‘by whatever means.’
1. The High Court of Uttarakhand has instructed the state government to increase the number of daily COVID tests with Kumbh Mela 2021 in the process to at least 50,000 per day.
The Court has also directed the state government to urge those coming to visit the Kumbh Mela area to take their first or second vaccine doses at the designated centres throughout the Kumbh Mela area. Full Story
1. The last three accused of the 2004 Ishrat Jahan’s encounter case have been discharged by a special CBI court today. The three accused were Indian Police Service officer G.L. Singhal, State Reserve Police Commando Anaju Chaudhary and retired Director General of Police Tarun Barot.
While delivering the order, the Court has stated that the act done by the accused was in the discharge of their duties or implied in the discharge of their duties.