A liquor license is a legal permit provided by the State Excise Department for selling and marketing alcoholic beverages and drinks.
Who All Can Apply for a Liquor License in India
- Companies incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956.
- Registered partnership firms.
- Registered cooperative societies.
- Sole proprietorships.
Procedure to Apply for a Liquor License in India
1. Visit the official website of the state excise department and download the application form. If you are applying for a liquor license in Delhi, you have to visit the website and enter the username and password to log in and download the application form. If you are new to the website, you have to first register yourself and then log in. After login, you are required to download the application form.
2. After that, the applicant must fill in the details in the application form like the type of liquor license, description of the license, information on the shop, details about the business, etc.
3. Also, the applicant is required to submit the application form along with other documents mentioned in the list.
4. These documents include the applicant’s identity proof, address proof, photograph, residence proof, income certificate, incorporation certificate, ITR, layout plan of the shop, NOC from the fire department, an affidavit declaring about no past criminal record and no dues in the name of the applicant and other required documents.
5. The applicant is required to submit the application form along with the documents and application fee before the Deputy Commissioner.
6. After that, the state licensing authority will verify the documents and cross-check all the details provided by the applicant. The concerned state authority will post a notice with the license name and details so that anyone can raise objections in case there is any.
7. After successful verification and solution to the objections rose, the applicant will be awarded the liquor license, which will be valid for one year. The license can be renewed every year after successfully submitting the renewal application form and renewal fees before 30 days from the date of expiration of the license.
Ankita Trivedi has written this post. She is a practising advocate in New Delhi, having expertise in various legal fields.