171G. False statement in connection with an election.
Whoever with intent to affect the result of an election makes or publishes any statement purporting to be a statement of fact which is false and which he either knows or believes to be false or does not believe to be true, in relation to the personal character or conduct of any candidate shall be punished with fine.
CLASSIFICATION OF OFFENCE
Punishment—Fine—Non-cognizable—Bailable—Triable by Magistrate of the first class—Non-compoundable.
- Law Note: What Are the Offences Related to Elections?
- Read Indian Penal Code (IPC) in a better and systematic way.
- Download beautiful, colourful, mobile friendly PDF for IPC.
- Top 138 Legal Maxims for Law Exams - 7th January 2024
- 10 Legal Jobs and Career Options After Law in 2024 - 7th January 2024
- 11 Tips to Pass AIBE With Bare Acts and MCQ Tests in 2024 - 7th January 2024