171I. Failure to keep election accounts.
Whoever being required by any law for the time being in force or any rule having the force of law to keep accounts of expenses incurred at or in connection with an election fails to keep such accounts shall be punished with fine which may extend to five hundred rupees.
CLASSIFICATION OF OFFENCE
Punishment—Fine of 500 rupees—Non-cognizable—Bailable—Triable by Magistrate of the first class—Non-compoundable.
- Law Note: What Are the Offences Related to Elections?
- Read Indian Penal Code (IPC) in a better and systematic way.
- Download beautiful, colourful, mobile friendly PDF for IPC.
- Governor of an Indian State: Role, Importance, and Functions - 4th September 2023
- Guardianship Under Hindu Law in India - 13th August 2023
- All Rules for Adoption in Hindus Under Hindu Laws - 13th August 2023