20. Contents and verification of petitions.
(1) Every petition presented under this Act shall state as distinctly as the nature of the case permits the facts on which the claim to relief is founded, and except in a petition under section 11, shall also state that there is no collusion between the petitioner and the other party to the marriage.
(2) The statements contained in every petition under this Act shall be verified by the petitioner or some other competent person in the manner required by law for the verification of plaints, and may, at the hearing, be referred to as evidence.
- Top 138 Legal Maxims for Law Exams - 7th January 2024
- 10 Legal Jobs and Career Options After Law in 2024 - 7th January 2024
- 11 Tips to Pass AIBE With Bare Acts and MCQ Tests in 2024 - 7th January 2024