455. Destruction of libellous and other matter.
(1) On a conviction under section 292, section 293, section 501 or section 502 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860), the Court may order the destruction of all the copies of the thing in respect of which the conviction was had, and which are in the custody of the Court or remain in the possession or power of the person convicted.
(2) The Court may, in like manner, on a conviction under section 272, section 273, section 274, or section 275 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860), order the food, drink drug or medical preparation in respect of which the conviction was had, to be destroyed.
In sub-section (1) of section 455, after the word and figures “section 292” the word, figures and letter “section 292A” shall be inserted.
Vide Tamil Nadu Act 13 of 1982, sec. 2 (w.e.f. 21-9-1981).
- Governor of an Indian State: Role, Importance, and Functions - 4th September 2023
- Guardianship Under Hindu Law in India - 13th August 2023
- All Rules for Adoption in Hindus Under Hindu Laws - 13th August 2023