53A. Evidence of character or previous sexual experience not relevant in certain cases.
In the prosecution for an offence under section 354, section 354A, section 354B, section 354C, section 354D, section 376, section 376A, section 376AB*, section 376B, section 376C, section 376D, section 376DA*, section 376DB* or section 376E of the Indian penal code or for attempt to commit any such offence where the question of consent is in issue, Evidence of the character of the victim or of such person’s previous sexual experience with any person shall not be relevant on the issue of such consent or the quality of consent.
- Read Indian Evidence Act in a beautiful, systematic way
- Read Evidence Act each section wise
- Download beautiful, colourful PDF for Evidence Act.
- Governor of an Indian State: Role, Importance, and Functions - 4th September 2023
- Guardianship Under Hindu Law in India - 13th August 2023
- All Rules for Adoption in Hindus Under Hindu Laws - 13th August 2023